Community Pharmacy Services - HSO 51001:2018(E)
The Community Pharmacy Services standard applies to independent pharmacies and hospital outpatient pharmacies. The standard promotes a collaborative approach to safety and quality by addressing all aspects of the medication management process, from storage, selection, and preparation, to dispensing medication, and following up with clients regarding their medication needs where required.
Organizations are responsible for ensuring that the functions outlined in the Community Pharmacy standard are completed by qualified individuals in line with their scope of practice and applicable regulations.
The standard contains the following sections:
- Investing in pharmacy services
- Having the right people
- Delivering quality pharmacy services
- Engaging clients in medication safety
- Maintaining efficient information systems
- Monitoring the quality and safety of pharmacy services